Search

Hi,

I don’t understand why events aren’t working. It looks everything ok. I didn’t select any filter rules.

<events>
    <save-newsletter result="error">
        <message>Entry encountered errors when saving.</message>
        <post-values>
            <name>rainer</name>
            <email>rainerborene@example.com</email>
        </post-values>
    </save-newsletter>
</events>

And here is the form:

<form action="{$root}/newsletter/?debug" method="post" id="newsletter">
    <fieldset>
        <legend>Newsletter</legend>

<input type="text" value="Name" name="fields[name]" class="text" id="name"/><br/>
        <input type="text" value="E-mail" name="fields[email]" class="text" id="email" />

<input type="submit" name="action[save-newsletter]" value="Join" class="textButton"/>
    </fieldset>
</form>

Thanks!

Your form looks to be fine. What fields do you have for the section? Any validation rules?

Hi Allen,

The newsletter section have two fields, just like the form. Both fields are required.

I did a fresh install and when I try to make a comment it returns the same error as before.

I believes the problem is when inserts on database. What you think?

When you go to http://yoursite.com/symphony/system/log/, what kind of errors are logged?

Nothing in the log hints to any problem. Are any other events working?

Hi Alistair,

No events are working. I’m doing some tests.

I give you a feedback soon.

I did a fresh install again and when I do a comment on an article it returns the same message in XML.

Log: http://pastebin.com/f4ddc18b7

Thanks.

Apologies, I did not see this in the first log you posted:

17:15:15 > WARNING: 512 - MySQL Error (1364): Field 'author_id' doesn't have a default value in 
query "INSERT INTO `sym_entries` (`section_id`, `creation_date`, `creation_date_gmt`) VALUES 
('17', '2009-07-07 17:15:15', '2009-07-07 20:15:15')" in 
file C:htdocspatris_wwwsymphonylibtoolkitclass.mysql.php on line 401

That would be your problem. I will do some debugging on our end to see if this kind of query is happening all the time or isolated to your installation. I am thinking it will likely be a difference in MySQL version or configuration.

Run this query and see if it helps:

ALTER TABLE  `sym_entries` CHANGE  `author_id`  `author_id` INT( 11 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT  '1';

That will ensure the entries table always has a default value for author_id.

It works fine now!

But the problem was with my installation?

Thanks a lot!

Alistair,

The other error happens because the directory not exists.

2009/07/10 18:32:48 > WARNING: 2 - file_put_contents(C:htdocspatris_www/extensions/debugdevkit/lib/bitter/caches/0f635d0e0f3874fff8b581c132e6c7a7-c57dbeac51de2b31f323f5b4c69e03b5-8ff94968e6eec88636f43539d50597bb): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file C:htdocspatris_wwwextensionsdebugdevkitlibbitterbitter.php on line 162

I made a fix for it, take a look on line 158 http://pastie.org/private/ebakakpuqjqypnofzj3epq (extensions/debugdevkit/lib/bitter/bitter.php)