Search

I haven’t got any 2.0.7 builds so I have tested it on 2.0.8 RC1. Maybe that is the problem. Does your edit to class.mysql.php look like this?

// ==============================================================
// Start database logger
    require_once(EXTENSIONS . '/db_sync/lib/class.logquery.php');
    if (class_exists('LogQuery')) LogQuery::log($query);
// End database logger

I am sorry, Nick. The website in question is still running on 2.0.6. I think I should update first…

Even more bizarre then! It should work fine with 2.0.6, although I haven’t tested.

OK. First I will install fresh copies of 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 RC1 and test it there. (My Symphony test installations are quite deranged at the moment, so I have to re-install ‘em anyway.) If it works, I will create a new dev copy of the 2.0.6 website and see how it goes.

Good news: The extension works at least in 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 RC1.

Just a note: It may fail to uninstall if unlinking the logfile is not possible (because it has not been created for whatever reason).

Nick, I have not managed to make it work on a 2.0.6 website. As announced, I made a fresh clone of the website. When I install the extension, it writes this to the log:

-- 2010-04-03 22:55:47, Michael Eichelsdörfer, http://www.example.com/symphony/system/extensions/
DELETE FROM `sym_extensions` WHERE `name` = 'db_sync'
INSERT INTO `sym_extensions` 
                VALUES (NULL, 'db_sync', 'enabled', 0.7)
DELETE FROM `sym_extensions_delegates` WHERE `extension_id` IN ('')

Now when I do some page reordering, it logs nothing at all.

BTW: I liked your old gravatar…

I updated the dev version of the website to 2.0.7 — now Database Synchroniser works like a charm!

Just a note: It may fail to uninstall if unlinking the logfile is not possible (because it has not been created for whatever reason).

Fixed.

Nick, I have not managed to make it work on a 2.0.6 website

I just checked with 2.0.6 and it was logging everything but the AJAX/re-ordering queries. I’ve resolved this and pushed to Github. I’m pretty confident this is now compatible with 2.0.6+. Thanks for your bug reports and patience :-)

BTW: I liked your old gravatar…

My new one not passive enough for you? ;-)

My new one not passive enough for you? ;-)

I really liked your mien. It was really unique and very simpatico.

@Nick:

I’m pretty confident this is now compatible with 2.0.6+.

Yes, I did a quick check on a 2.0.6 website and everything seems to work as intended. For several reasons it’s nevertheless time to bring this website to 2.0.7… Goodbye, Symphony 2.0.6 :-(

For several reasons it’s nevertheless time to bring this website to 2.0.7

Are you sure you don’t want to wait until 2.0.8?

I don’t think that 2.0.8 will be out soon. Looking at the bugtracker I feel that it will need another release candidate. And the development copy of the website seemed to work OK after the update to (a slightly patched version of) 2.0.7.

With this special website, I am not really sure. On the other hand: This is how I found all those bugs in the past — try and really use it!

I will think about it once more.

Database Synchroniser updated to version 0.8 on 2nd of June 2010

• general cleanup making SQL filter excludes easier to manage
  • fixed a bug experienced when saving a Reflection field

Hello, I can only get it to log section-level changes. It doesn’t log anything about added/deleted or updated fields. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

/J

Sym 2.1.2, db sync 0.8

edit: rephrase

Hi Nick (or anyone else :)),

Just wanted to ask for your suggestion on the best approach of tackling this staging-production environment saga.

At present,our workflow seems a bit cumbersome. The fact that we are live makes things all the more scarier.

Currently, our setup consists of a staging environment which we connect via FTP. Any changes to files on the staging server are then pushed to each of the number of production servers. This is done by updating a particular file with the paths to those files where changes have been made. Every 5minutes or so, this file is checked and the changes are pushed to each of the production servers.

The issue here is that both staging and production environments share the same database. So I guess it makes more sense to have two separate databases, one on staging and one on production and sync when changes are made.

So how I see it, two synchronizations will always need to be made, one to sync the database and one to sync the files?

I am currently running Symphony 2.1.2. Has anyone tried this extension with this version?

Thanks

Nick, will this extension still need core customisation when Symphony 2.2 is released?

Yep.