Search

In light of the issues that have emerged with Symphony 2.0.7, we’ve decided to go ahead and tag the build as a beta until we can patch it and issue a proper release.

The Downloads section thus shows 2.0.6 as the current stable build, but 2.0.7 remains in the release history (we’re not erasing this mistake). Once 2.0.7 is ready for final release, we’ll update the release notes to reflect the history and forthcoming fixes.

Also, we’ll be making some significant changes to Symphony’s development and release process, all of which will be detailed in a soon-to-be-published blog post.

Thanks all for your help and your patience.

Thanks for this information, Craig – this seems to be a good decision.

Just a short note concerning the bug fixing and collaboration process: something I really would like to have is a list of things that should be fixed or added during this beta period. This would give all contributors the option to “register” and take over a bug for fixing.

Trying to figure this out as we speak…

This is a wise decision in my eyes. Thanks.

@Craig: The link to 2.0.7 (beta)’s details page is broken (on the history page). Needs a quick fix!

Done. Thanks for the heads-up :)

Something is still wrong with the release history: http://getsymphony.com/discuss/issues/website/view/88/

All sorted, thanks.

Thanks for the update. Seems like some sort of official ‘open beta’ phase would give extension authors the heads-up that its time to update for the new release if necessary.

Ladies and Gents, the 2.0.7 Release Candidate

I did not manage to download RC1 including the default extensions. (Nor did I manage to pull anything from Git including tags… I have no idea why.) Could you provide a packaged ZIP download on the GitHub download page (like you did with versions up to 2.0.6)?

Or even better: Can you put it on the history page?

Tried updating from 2.0.7 beta to 2.0.7 RC1 and when I typed in the URL with update.php it said it could not be found (the URL changed to http://symphony:8888/update.php/).

That being said, seems to be fine.

update.php is definitely in the git repo, but you shouldn’t need to run it if you’re already on the 2.0.7 beta release.

I’ve been using 2.0.7 RC1 for a week or two now and I’ve not found any more issues further to those already logged.

At some point should we freeze the issue tracker and mark those that are blockers to 2.0.7 being released?

I have at least one project waiting to go live where I’m holding back before upgrading to 2.0.7.

Likewise, a few issues have cropped up with extensions here and there, but as for the core, it seems pretty stable.

Is a second RC on the horizon for the language changes?

Yes, a second RC will be released, hopefully alongside the membership extension.

I’ve just updated a 2.0.6 site to 2.0.7RC2 and thought I’d test out the Language translation for shits and giggles.

I can’t seem to get it working. I’ve changed both Preferences and Author languages to German but the main problem seems to be that the HTML lang will always equal ‘en’.

I had a quick dig in the code and seem to have isolated it a bit. In the Symphony constructor, it seems that self::_lang returns ‘de’ correctly (via a var_dump), but then in the content of the AdministrationPage class where the lang attribute is actually added, Symphony::lang() always returns ‘en’.

Could this a be a scope issue?