Search

After searching the web, looking at hosts, researching local servers etc etc I have found that it isn’t that common to see PHP configured with –enable-zip.

My thoughts then are, is it not a bit odd to use an extension that no one else I can find uses?

I really want to be able to develop a site on my localhost (MAMP Pro) and then reinstall it on my live server.

My host (FastHosts (UK)) habe enable-zip set to: –enable-zip=shared yet this doesn’t even work with Symphony.

What to do…

Does anyone know of any way to move a symphony setup between servers without the ensamble extension and –enable-zip??

Yep. All you have to do is export your database, download your website, then upload it and upload the database. In the Manifest folder is the config.php file. Input the new database info and off you go.

I do this on every site I run.

Should have realised it was that simple. Do we not have to edit a base href or site url or anything?

Just update manifest/config.php and, if you install into a subdirectory, your .htaccess file. That should do it. Also double-check your markup in case you used any paths (in links and such) that don’t work on the new server.

Does anyone know of any way to move a symphony setup between servers without the ensamble extension and –enable-zip??

What they said. All of our sites at Airlock go through Subversion, which makes deployment easy. We take an installed Symphphony build and commit to SVN, with a few exceptions:

• rename “.htaccess” to “.htaccess-sample”
  • exclude the contens of subfolders of /mainifest

When it comes to deployment we just svn checkout from a repository, rename any .htaccess and config files, and you’re done. config.php needs to be edited for database authentication but nothing more. Easy! Future updates are pulled from SVN with an svn update.