Search

I’m running locally, using MAMP on Snow Leopard; all fine. A friend sent me an ensemble: I install Symphony with a new db and install as normal. Symphony installs the the db information (I can see it via php admin) but when installation is finished I get a blank screen instead of the admin page. I can point the browser to the home page of the site, but not to the admin end. I tried installing the bauhouse-ensemble as a check and it installs fine. I checked the .htaccess file which is the same as the others on sites that are running OK (except of course for the RewriteBase line). My friend is running the same version of Symphony as me, also under MAMP.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Add this to the top of your .htaccess file:

php_value display_errors on

It’ll show you the true error message rather than a blank screen.

[31-Oct-2010 19:13:40] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/showcaseensemble00/extensions/author_section/extension.driver.php on line 153.

Hmm. It looks as if this may be rather complicated and the error is not necessarily here. I’ve asked my friend to send the ensemble again. Just in case it’s a glitch.

Attachments:
extension.driver.php

It has happend to me too: it seems that when you export an ensemble from a website which has the extension Author section installed and enabled, the ensemble doesn’t keep track of the symauthorsections in the database.

alt text alt text

Therefore when you’re trying to access the admin end in the installed ensemble website, it returns you a blank page.

I’ve tried to unistall the extension and export again the website and all works fine.

The export ensemble does not save all tables that might belong to your install, only those of a selected few extensions. In most cases you have to fetch your database and manually put it into install.sql.

Oh, I didn’t know that. That’s the reason why it was not working. Thank you for the tip!

That’s slightly counter intuitive really, wouldn’t you want all of the used/active extensions and tables to be exported?

You’re right @designermonkey, the Export Ensemble extension needs some updates to allow for customization of the export. As it is, the extension currently assumes a default set up. Database tables added by other extensions will not be added automatically. So, for the Forum ensemble, I ended up creating a modified version of the Export Ensemble extension to track the additional database tables.

It would be great to modify the extension with configuration settings to be able to include additional tables. With Alistair less active with extension development these days, someone else will need to pick up where he left off.

Thanks to all for solving this.