Search

hi, i want to send newsletter to registered members.. how could i get registed members in newsletter configuration..

1. How are your members stored? In a single section?
  2. How do you intend on sending a newsletter? Are you looking to send it from within Symphony, or will you use another service like MailChimp or Campaign Monitor?
  3. If using another service, are you just looking for a way to export your members as a CSV or XML file?

Please me a lot more specific with your question, as it is very open ended!

hi, yes, all the members details are stored using a single section, i am using email newsletter extension , i want to sent the newsletter to the registered members using symphony only, not using another services.. thank you..

Please read the README file which is provided with Email Newsletters. In short the steps are:

• define a data source with your members' data
  • create a page and attach the datasource
  • transform the data to the desired XML output (you will find examples in the README as well)
  • configure Email Newsletters to use this XML page (you will have to define which nodes contain certain values)

For testing I usually add a filter to the datasource (so it outputs nothing but my own data).