Search

Hi, I need send a simple contact form and I don't know if on 2.2 version have a simple way to do that.

In past version, I used the workspace default as sample to make a form and this save message but send only a notification, and need login on symphony to see the message.

I'd like the submit form send to email or if necessary can save data too.

Thanks.

Rowan's Email Template Filter provides an option you can append to an existing event, so that you can email the contents as well as save as a new entry into Symphony. The extension source code provides a tutorial that you should follow to implement.

Hi Nick. I take a look on this extension but I think if don't have some way more fast and simple, like a php pure.

So I will try it.

Thanks.

If pure PHP is what you want, then create the event as usual, and then edit the PHP file adding your email sending code directly into the __trigger function.

Right, thanks Nick.

About send email code, using this way (Core Email API) is better?

You may use Symphony's native "Send Notification Email" event filter as well! It will send using the gateway you specified in the preferences.

So the simplest way is to create a new event to save your contact form entries in a dedicated section, attach the "Send Email Notification" event filter ti this event and follow the instructions on the event's edit page. (The instructions will appear when the event has been saved.)

Marcio has already been using the event filter, but I think needs something more powerful this time.

In past version, I used the workspace default as sample to make a form and this save message but send only a notification, and need login on symphony to see the message.