Search

A new extension, "Field: Multilingual Entry URL" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Hi there, I was fiddling around with your multilingual_* extensions and found some errors in you javascript assets. The problem is your error handling, if MultilingualField contractor is not defined

in your code there is something like:

if (typeof MultilingualField == "undefined") {

function MultilingualField(field) {
        this.field = field;

this.init();
    }

MultilingualField.prototype.init = function() {
    …

first of all you should use strict comaprison, but the actual problem is in defining the prototype when you write: MultilingualField.prototype.init = … the prototype isn't defined yet.

Since you don't want to define the Constructor over an over again, you could just load a js-file that defines the constructor if it is necessary.

My proposal would be something like this: https://gist.github.com/1689365

I did a quick test and it works fine.

Kind regards, Thomas

Thank you for your interest, Thomas. JS isn't my strong point. I like you implementation though. I'll contact @guilleme (Multilingual Field is his extension) and propose him your solution.

I'll implement it for my fields.

Edit 1: I filled an issue for Multilingual Field as well.

I'll do some more improvement by time to ensure the script gets loaded just once. There should be some kind of script loading logic implemented in the Symphony global. AMD for the win :)