Search

I followed the ZIP upgrade instructions to move our Symphony 2.2.5 site across to a different host, upgrading to 2.3 in the process. The backend works fine, but opening the home page throws a nasty-looking error:

11.06.2012 10:42 > UNKNOWN: GenericExceptionHandler 0 - Could not find Event login. If it was provided by an Extension, ensure that it is installed, and enabled. in file /.../symphony/lib/toolkit/class.eventmanager.php on line 175

More details in the Gist.

Note that I did make sure that the complete contents of symphony and workspace and of course index.php were fresh Symphony 2.3 sources. Install didn't complain about anything, and permissions are at 777. I made sure all the same extensions are installed and enabled as before, which are:

• CKEditor
  • Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Filter
  • Debug Devkit
  • Export Ensemble
  • Filemanager
  • Formatter: Rich Text (TinyMCE)
  • Just In Time (JIT) Image Manipulation
  • Language: German
  • Maintenance Mode
  • Markdown Text Formatter
  • Profile Devkit
  • Select Box Link Field
  • Backbonejs
  • Requirejs

It looks like you need to check your workspace/events directory. The event was probably manually added to your old installation, and needs copying to the new.

You need a file: workspace/events/event.login.php by the looks of it.

Thanks so much @nickdunn and @davidoliver

For some reason a some files didn't get transferred out of workspace, or perhaps the folders were replaced in the upgrade. Once you pointed me down the right path I managed to resolve the issue. Much appreciated!

Actually the Login event from the 2.2.5 /workspace was replaced with Logged In Author event.

If you are updating your default workspace to 2.3, please note that you will need to remove the Login event from your pages and instead attach the the Logged In Author datasource.

From here

Thanks so much @brendo! :)