Search

After running the Updater successfully, I received the attached error. How do I determine the cause and the solution? Before I started, I uninstalled many extensions from the back end. I followed the tutorial steps including updating the extensions. The only extension that was not clearly compatible was 'Email Template Filter'. If that is the cause, what do I do now?

Symphony Warning: header() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given

An error occurred in /var/www/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.page.php around line 286

281          * @see https://github.com/symphonycms/symphony-2/issues/1558#issuecomment-10663716
282          *
283          * @param integer $status_code
284          */
285         public static final function renderStatusCode($status_code) {
286             header(self::getHeaderStatusString($status_code), true, $status_code);
287         }
289         /**
290          * Iterates over the `$_headers` for this page 

Backtrace

[:0]
    GenericErrorHandler::handler();
[/var/www/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.page.php:286]
    header();
[/var/www/symphony/lib/core/class.symphony.php:774]
    Page::renderStatusCode();
    SymphonyErrorPageHandler::render();
[/var/www/symphony/lib/core/class.errorhandler.php:98]
    call_user_func();
    GenericExceptionHandler::handler();

Database Query Log

[0.0007] SET character_set_connection = 'utf8', character_set_database = 'utf8', character_set_server = 'utf8';
[0.0006] SET CHARACTER SET 'utf8';
[0.0009] SELECT SQL_CACHE t1.name, t2.page, t2.delegate, t2.callback FROM `sym_extensions` as t1 INNER JOIN `sym_extensions_delegates` as t2 ON t1.id = t2.extension_id WHERE t1.status = 'enabled' ORDER BY t2.delegate, t1.name;
[0.0011] SELECT SQL_CACHE `session_data` FROM `sym_sessions` WHERE `session`
[0.0012] SELECT SQL_CACHE a.* FROM `sym_authors` AS `a` WHERE `username` =
[0.0010] UPDATE sym_authors SET `last_seen` = '2013-02-13 09:23:00' WHERE `id` = 1;
[0.0007] SELECT SQL_CACHE `name` FROM `sym_extensions` WHERE `status` = 'enabled';
[0.0007] SELECT SQL_CACHE * FROM `sym_extensions`;
[0.0019] SELECT SQL_CACHE `s`.* FROM `sym_sections` AS `s` ORDER BY `s`.`sortorder` asc; 

Not a direct answer to your question, but I think it would much better to upgrade to the latest stable release than to a beta, especially when extensions (which won't support 2.3.2 yet) are required.

Truly! I would be annoyed with newbie questions like this. Everything loads. Thank you.

Result. :-)

Still, this has come up a couple of times and I'd like to get to the bottom of it. From what I can tell from the backtrace it looks like the exception is being thrown while trying to handle another error.

If you still have this broken error, are you able to add a var_dump($status_code); before that header() call on Line 286? I'm curious to what this value is.

It's OK if you can't, I've got a portion of my weekend where I'll being doing core work so I'll figure it out then ;)

Sorry brendo! I've been using Symphony for a month with a deadline coming up. That instance is gone.