Search

Maybe I’m completely missing the point, but what I was trying to do:

For the multiple section search it seemed natural for the prefs pane to be where the DS is. Right now, if you click the ds, it shows the author & data. I would like to change that to the pref pane.

EDIT: Hmm.. I think I missed the fact that for the single section search an UI is also needed, puttting that in the DS isn’t really logical.

For the multiple section search it seemed natural for the prefs pane to be where the DS is. Right now, if you click the ds, it shows the author & data. I would like to change that to the pref pane.

Good idea. Although I’d suggest that the index is slightly different from the DS that uses the index. You’d go to configure the index probably before you consider Data Sources at all. I was thinking a menu item under Blueprints (or System). But I think you can edit the DS description with a hyperlink to this page.

Can you explain how the extension builds the index on the multiple section search, and how this differs from the single section?

I’m a bit confused because the multi search needs sections via GET.

I think I got it figured out, please correct me if I’m wrong:

The index is based upon the array set in the config file. For the single search, the index is searched only on the section the index field is in, for multiple sections, this is determined by the GET variable.

Ideally, if the index field is added to a section, it is added to the index list aswell, right?

Then, on the config pane, you can set filters on the indexes (for multiple section only?) and add new ones. Correct? If so, why even use this pane in the first place? The index field itself should be enough to contain both the filters and the “index me!” data..

Yeah, there’s a bit of a disconnect. The Site Index field is only required if you want to do a single-section search (so you can add a filter into the DS). Really, the index configuration could be in this field’s config.

However, I think that Site Indexing configuration should be separate to Section configuration.

Maybe you need to add the Site Index field to a section, and then your section appears in the Site Index list on another page, to allow you to configure it.

I think cramming the filter-editor into the Site Index field configuration (inside the Section Editor) is way too complex.

Thanks, that cleared things up a lot!

Did you get any further with this, Huib? If not, I’ll see if I can finish this extension off and get it released.

Sorry, I’ve had a million project floating around, just when I thought I had some spare time..

If you need me to do some “mindless” things, please tell me! I’m pretty sure I can squeeze them in somewhere ;)

No need to apologise at all! I have a to-do list for the extension so I’ll get cracking :-)

great!

Again, let me know if you want me help out with some small things!

wrong post