Search

Wonderful.

Just as a small note: There seems to be a z-index problem with the topic overlay which is hidden by the next participant’s name.

I get a 500 server error when I try and visit that page :(

Looking at the current list of participants, it will be interesting to see how well Allen and Craig will do their presentations in German.

Maybe you need something to practice:

About Symphony / Über Sinfonie

Symphony is an XSLT-powered open source content management system.
Sinfonie ist ein XSLT-basiertes, quelloffenes Redaktionssystem.

About Yourself / Über Dich

My name is Allen/Craig.
Mein Name ist Albrecht/Karl.

Working with Symphony / Mit Sinfonie arbeiten

You just have to attach your Data Source to your Page.
Du musst Deine Datenquelle nur Deiner Seite hinzufügen.

This page is in Maintenance Mode.
Diese Seite ist im Wartungsmodus.

Exams will take place on Sunday between the Test Drive and the Ensemble Workshop.
No cheat sheets.

CSS should be fixed. Thanks for the heads-up :)

My name is Allen/Craig. Mein Name ist Albrecht/Karl.

LOL!

I did a year of German in high school, although I’ve forgotten pretty much all of it. How’s your German Karl?

Craig, thanks for posting the Symposium info. I’m looking into extending my stay for at least a day to make sure I’m there for Sunday, but I won’t know until Tuesday (because of a holiday / long weekend).

I’ve been searching Google Maps to see where I’ll be staying and the venues I’ll be visiting during my stay in London. Here’s my map

I’ve included all the locations that Nick mentioned. Londoners, anything else I should be adding to my list of things to see?

Karl, huh? Interesting… If only Allen was named Friedrich, maybe we’d be inspired to pen a manifesto together:

The history of all hitherto existing content management systems is the history of class struggles.

I smell an instant classic…

I never studied the language, unfortunately, but my grandmother on my mother’s side was part German, so I think that exempts me ;)

Sorry Karl - it’s a classic rule for foreign classes to match students’ names based on their first initial. So technically, Carl would be more appropriate, but that’s too old fashioned. Any chance you’re full name is Craig Fitzgerald Zheng? In this case I could offer you Karl-Friedrich as name :)

I’m eager to read through your manifesto by the way. What’s the original German title?

Seriously, there are 7.5 millions Londoners and only one is likely to attend the Symposium? Where are you all hiding?

And even then I think I’m going to have to disappear about midday! I managed to triple book myself that weekend. I really need to get a diary.

Still getting a 500 error on that events page! And I’m on another computer and network today. Anyone else??

Nope, all good for me. Can you send a screenshot perhaps?

Still getting a 500 error on that events page!

It’s working for me using this link:
http://getsymphony.com/get-involved/events/symposium-2010/

@designermonkey: Can you please take a look at my response to your website issue: http://getsymphony.com/discuss/issues/website/view/103/.

Are y’all going to be recording the presentations?

@bauhouse: Any chance you’ll be talking about the Markup Library and Symphony in London?

I wasn’t sure if it was worth discussing quite yet, as it has, as many of my projects, been suffering from lack of attention. If people are interested, I’m happy to talk about it.

I’d be interested :)

@bzerangue: We’ve discussed it a few times but it’s not yet clear what kind of equipment/labor would need to be involved. I’m hoping we can manage something…

@Nils, I’ll add it to the list, then.