Search

I am running into an issue where I added the SSM to a Custom Preferences Section (hidden, static).

Because the Custom Preferences extension opens the entry-page at /symphony/extension/custompreferences/preferences/ the needed SSM Assets (JS/CSS) are not added to the Admin page, it seems.

I understand you would not want to load the SSM assets on pages where it would (normally) not be used, but is there any way around this so that extensions could 'incorporate' the SSM?

I'm not sure how custom preferences work but this will be an issue with all fields that bundle assets. It's something that needs to be addressed in that extension in my eyes.

Hi guys... I'm having a problem with the extension when I try to create entries. Some entries are ok, but some entries (most of all), get stuck in the 'loading' state, as you can see in the attachments. I noticed also that the entries are created anyway.

Does anyone knows what may be causing it and how can I fix it? Thanks a lot!

Attachments:
at01.png

Nils thanks: I agree that my issue is something that that extension should address. I only wondered if there's a quick work-around to load the assets in the !publish pages.

Regarding this problem with assets loading, I think Multilingual Text did a good job. The field, in it's publish method, calls the driver's method for adding the necessary assets. This way, no matter the context, the assets are added whenever an instance of the field is published.

I think this is a responsibility of every field, independent of the context.

@VladG This seems a good approach: couple the asset-loading to the display. However, do all fields have a 'publish method' (-equivalent)?

Yes this method public function displayPublishPanel(...) is inherited from the Field class so all fields definitely use it. In here a field displays it's stuff for the user.

@ahwayakchih - thanks, that worked. one question though, do you think that if/when i update the entry version extension, it will remove that change i did?

wdtan, yes, updating files will remove Your changes. It probably would be best if You could post new issue along with the changes needed to fix the problem, so nickdunn can update extension and keep it fixed in future :).

I did a quick and dirty SSM css hack via Admin CSS Override, if anyone is interested I can share the (quick and dirty) code. My intention was to make it more clear to the user which part is currently in focus, and to emphasize that the editing-drawer below an entry actually belongs to the entry (does this make sense?). This is far from being a proper thought-through interface-design, but might serve as an inspiration :)

Attachments:
SSM-Mod-05.png, SSM-Mod-04.png, SSM-Mod-03.png, SSM-Mod-02.png and SSM-Mod-01.png

@nils I’m not sure if you plan a major redesign of the SSM-Interface in version 2 anyway, but if you do, I’m happy to offer some design input more substantial than the above! Just drop me a line if you like.

Hoi, Sometimes when I try to upload images through the SSM, it gets stuck with the spinning icon and when I try clicking on the top part of the new SSM-entry i get

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'find' of undefined    stage.publish.js:466

I have a feeling the upload field throws a validation error that is never shown, sometimes I've seen the red error flicker past for a split second.

Sym 2.2.1, SSM 1.3. Would upgrading to 2.2.5 help, you think?

thanks for any eventual input. J

I have also noted that validation (or other) errors in subsections are not visible but rather result in a stuck progress animation.

FYI, upgraded to 2.2.5, but it didn't make a difference. /J

If you inspect the generated source of the backend page (Webkit inspector or Firebug) you should be able to see the iframe in the source (which is just hidden, the spinner is a background graphic). Could you please check if the iframe document contains an error message – if so, please post the message here. SSM actually checks for error messages but something must be wrong here.

By the way: which browsers are you using and do you get the problem consistently across different engines?

It doesnt seem to be browser specific, client is using older FF and Safari, I'm using Chrome. I seem to have eliminated a lot of the cases by not using uniquetextfield and replace it with a regular text field. uniquetextfield was giving me "page cannot be rendered, check log (log was empty)"

But still it happens sometimes, say, if I press save three times with non-valid data. The message is "Some errors were encountered while attempting to save." - the regular validation message, I suppose

I realized also that, even that I switched off the search function in the SSM, it still loads all items in the background (4000 images) - could have something to do with it as well,

Which browser versions and OS are you using?

It happened on latest safari and chrome on snow leopard and on safari 4.1 and firefox 3.6 on 10.4

all mac

J

Hi Nils, the Drop text is not appearing on listing. Symphony 2.2.5.

Main Section Setup: http://cl.ly/1Q070L0z4539382Z1x2u
Sub Section Listing: http://cl.ly/38140M380W442V192r0Z
Main Section Editing: http://cl.ly/1A3Z3c0p373j1O3J2W3H