Search

Yes, but then you would add filetype-specific features to the generic upload field. If this feature is really that important I would suggest forking the upload field instead and create a new image upload field that will unify all the image specific fields out there and offer:

• a preview (with jCrop)
  • crop the size on upload to a maximum size
  • convert to RGB/warn if uploaded image was CMYK

or create an extension that will hook into the backend dialog and attach configurable warnings to the markup.

I did ask for an image specific upload field a while ago, one that had Reflection Field features, maybe this could all be bundled? Nick was going to do it, but he may have forgotten ;o)

Is the maximum size related to this thread?

Yes, but then you would add filetype-specific features to the generic upload field.

Oh, I wouldn’t add this to the upload field. I would add it to JIT itself: it should be no problem to add this feature either using PHP and delegate or using JavaScript.

Nevertheless I think it would be a good idea to replace the current core upload field with an enhanced version.

Just mentioned Alistairs fork of the Unique Upload Field, the Image Upload Field. It’s just for images ;-) and supports downsizing of images and restrictions of size.