Search

This field Extension has proven invaluable lately!

It's enabled me to build an on-line assessment app for a University where the criteria is different per assessment!

The freedom it gives us is great! Kudos and thanks to all those involved in making this extension such a great addition to Symphony.

@s_e amen to that :P

Thanks, Andrew! That means a lot.

Were you using v2 (2.2) or v3 (2.3) or someone else's fork? Did you run into any issues?

V3 Brock, Seems to work really well. No issues I can report as of yet.

Textareas would be a great addition to the field options :) just sayin... I can see where the options are inserted in the extension code. I'd like to take a stab at implementing it at some point.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use a forked version of this extension (for version 2.3.2) and am having trouble utilising the data it outputs.

I have 3 separate dynamic text groups, but they all output in one unusable lump, like so:

<entry id="101">
            <title>One</title>
            <content>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet pro audere est facere.</content>
            <title>Two</title>
            <title>Three</title>
</entry>

Each one of those entries is from a different field, but there's no way to identify it (it'll get especially confusing once I add other field types to the entry).

Is this intended behaviour, or a bug from the dev branch I'm using?

Cheers,

Nathan

Doesn't quite seem correct... I think it's an alteration on the fork you're using...

Thanks for the info gunglien - I did suspect it was iffy.

Unfortunately the original fork isn't working for me in the latest Symphony build :(

@nathanhornby this doesn't work? It should be the 2.3.x version just on the dev branch. Otherwise I've had a multilingual fork working on 2.3.1 (didn't update to 2.3.2/3 so not sure if there are any breaking changes)

Ye I get ALL SORTS of crazy issues using that build on 2.3.2.

Dynamic Text Group updated to version 3.0 beta 2 on 1st of October 2013

Hey guys, I've updated the plugin to work with Symphony 2.3.3. Most of the work was fixing the fallout from Symphony's upgrade to jQ2— I've updated this to work with that and jQuery UI 1.10.3 (latest version as of this posting).

I've tested this with 2.3.3, but it'd be great if a few of you could test this and see if it resolved any of those issues with 2.3.2. Cheers!

Working great on Symphony 2.3.3 using the development branch (3.0 beta 2).

Initially I ran into a fatal database error but realised this was caused by having fields labelled '1', '2', and '3'. Changing these labels to alphanumeric values fixed this.

Anyway, thanks!

Thanks, John! Glad to hear it's working well for you.

I'll be sure to update the docs on the my next commit to make sure people know to avoid what you're describing. Thanks for the feedback!

Also, it should work just fine if you decide to update to 2.3.4, too.

Just an update that I've opened a pull request for this extension with Symphony 2.4 support, and support for multiple DTG fields in one extension.

Early days, but thought it would help those who are still using this extension.