Search

One other thing that may already be in your SSM3 roadmap is an option just like "Display relationship in linked sections" in Select Box Link. This would be very handy for finding orphaned subsections in the CMS, no?

(is there a better place to submit feature requests?)

You can use the Github issue tracker for this: https://github.com/hananils/subsectionmanager/issues

I have asked this question before, and someone made a field to show relationships, this hasn't been updated in line with SSM though, and would need doing if it we're to still be used.

Having this in the 'core' of SSM would be very beneficial though in line with other relationship fields.

Subsection Manager already populates the relationship tables in the database so it not hard to implement this. Send me a pull request if you like. Personally, I'd prefer this to be optional (either opt-out or opt-in).

When I figure out how to do it, I will try and send one... Bit beyond me at the mo.

Maybe @klaftertief has a few ideas. He implemented storing information in the association table a while back.

I shall log it as an issue... That way he will know we're talking about him ;o)

I already know :-)

Psychic!

when creating a data source, i can't seem to group my output by my subsection manager type. is there some work around for this?

for example, i have a client list, and within a client list entry, I have a SSM set to the client type. When i create my data source, I can't set the group by drop down to the client type.

thoughts?

You could use a reflection field in the parent section to reflect the client type and group by that?

Sorry, I got bogged down and I'm yet to create that issue.

Though, I think my requirements have developed a little since.

I noticed that the "Display relationship in linked sections" option only applies when listing in the CMS. It doesn't affect data source output.

So what I'd really like is the option to actually create a one-to-many relationship in the SSM, whereby the relationship is bi-directional and I can access the parent section directly from the subsection if required.

I doubt there's a difference in the mechanics from my first request, just the scope.

Wanted to run it by you guys before creating the issue.

@designermonkey, I ended up using the select box link instead, but it turned out that it really didn't matter which one I used for this particular matter b/c the client can be in multiple lists so I ultimately had to just output everything as is and use the wonderful Muenchian Method to sort through and organize.

There are also multiple references and found about similar issues scattered throughout this forum.

i'm getting this error on a 2.2.5 install with ssm 2.1.2:

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchFields() on a non-object in extensions/subsectionmanager/fields/field.subsectionmanager.php on line 828

it happens when accessing symphony/blueprints/datasources/new/ and didn't start until i had deleted a couple sections and recreated them. any ideas?

here are my installed extensions:

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2012-05-23 at 5.01.51 PM.png

I think I'm looking for something similar to what timwjohn mentioned above

"I noticed that the "Display relationship in linked sections" option only applies when listing in the CMS. It doesn't affect data source output."

I have an "iPhone photo" section that uses SSM to link to an "apps used" section. This is so each photo can show what apps where used to make it. I want a page to list all apps and a count of how many photos used each app.

"Show count of related entries" on the data source works for the photo section, but I don't get any data when using it on a data source using the "Apps used" section.

alt text

alt text

Is the "Show count of related entries" option on a DS only one way? It only shows related entries from the section using the SSM field?

Thanks for a great extension!

Yep, it's one way only. I implemented it (a long time ago) to be able to get the number of subsection entries without adding the SSM field to the DS. This was back in the time when you selected the SSM DS output fields globally in the section editor. I used this mainly e.g. in list views of articles where I only needed the count of related photos.

I had to mis-use the t b l_sections_association table a bit to store the relations to imlement this feature. The table expects single parent and child fields. The SSM has multiple child fields. I'll try to find a way to show the related entries count for the other direction as well tomorrow.

Thanks, @klaftertief. I'm able to get my data another way and have it working now, so don't do a bunch of work just for me. :-) I just thought this way would be the most straight forward.

I was just wondering if SSM did this or if I was doing something wrong.

I'm getting this error when i execute it on the server, not on my local mamp stack :S

item.find("iframe").contents().find("form").attr("action").match(/(d+)(?!.*d)/) is null

I found that the problem is just when i get a validation error.

When it happens i didn't get the form back in orange with the errors, just get the loading symbol.

I just found that i have no problem on my local stack 'cause i use the 8888 port, so the match found that number and continues without problems.

Symphony 2.3 & Subsection from the Master Branch

I am using Subsection Tabs for a simple multilanguage solution. My Tabs are static but today I needed to add another tab ('language' 'US').

The client already added all the content for the 'EN' (english) subsection and would like this new 'US' subsection to inherit all this EN content instead of manually copy-and-pasting it.

Adding the new 'US' tab was not much of a hassle: I simply edited all sym_field_subsectiontabs rows. But copying all content from EN subsections to (new) US subsections seems difficult.

Do you guys know of any way to duplicate the EN subsectiontab content to the US one? I am not afraid to use some SQL ;)

Duplicating subsectiontab content

Wouldn't a check for empty content in the US one on the front end be useful in the short term?

i.e show EN content sort of convention? just a thought