Another session idea...

Nils, asks:

What is Symphony about?

What is it for?

Why should a client us it?

• Day: Any day
  • Time: Afternoon
  • Region: New York, GMT-4
  • Notes: I'm available until 10pm most nights as well.

@Allen, I am afraid I have to partially come back to my previous statement: I might be able to make it, but it will be very, very tight. Is there a chance of doing it on the same day, but a bit (say: an hour) later?

I'll check with Alistair. Since he's in Australia (GMT+10), pushing it back will make it 9 pm for him.

I'll check with Alistair. Since he's in Australia (GMT+10), pushing it back will make it 9 pm for him.

That's fine. Nothing some caffeine wont fix. ;)

Okay guys (and gals), take note of the new time. I will also put up instructions for people who wish to join us to watch the Jam live through chat soon.

Am I missing something? The second JAM session is this coming Saturday. Did I miss the first one, or was I replaced by the monkey-bot-3000 prototype?

Jam #1 may be posponed since Nick has not confirmed if he's available for the session.

• Day: Weekday or Saturday
  • Time: Early morning (5:00 - 7:00 am) or evenings after 6:00 pm on weekdays or any time on Saturday
  • Region: Canada (Vancouver, BC), GMT-08 (Pacific Standard Time)
  • Notes:
    • I just gave my notice at work, so in January, I will be a free agent and I should be available for a jam whenever.

So is Saturday the date for JAM #2 (even though it's the first)? And what's the time for that? I'm confused...

Jam Session 2
Date: Saturday, 17 Nov 2012, 11:00 am GMT
Topic 1: Database abstraction (and ASDC)
Topic 2: Testing & code quality assurance

You are welcome

Another quick reminder, the Jam session will start in a couple hours. When the broadcast is set up, I'll post up the link to the video stream.

Those that wish to participate can join us on IRC. If you don't have an IRC client, you can jump on to: http://webchat.freenode.net and enter channel #symphony.

Those with an IRC client, please connect to irc.freenode.net using the default port 6667, and join us on #symphony.

Symphony Jam is in session. Please point your browser to: http://youtu.be/0oGeJ5yPBLU

@creativedutchmen & @jensscherbl: I've invited you both to the hangout but I'm not sure if it's the Google Plus address you guys registered with, can you let me know if you got the invites?

A screenshot taken from the Symphony Jam #1

;-)

haha, nice one

I have updated the initial post, adding the Jam's action plan and also the link to watch the archive. I have also swapped the Jam number so that it's no longer confusing.

I propose that we do our next Jam this week, Thursday, 22 November, 6 pm GMT. I'm going to get confirmation from the guests and post it up once we know what date/time will work.

Given that Thanksgiving is coming up for the Americans, we may be rescheduling the session to Wednesday (tomorrow) or early next week. I'll post up the official day/time wen we get it nailed.

New topic proposal:

Guests should be core and veteran extension developers.

@jens, thumbs up! :) definitely something that bugs me every time i have to work with it. quite frustrating really.