Search

I am working on a step-by-step build of a site in Symphony as a GitHub project. So, I’ve started by installing some useful extensions as submodules:

git submodule add git://github.com/rowan-lewis/activitylog.git extensions/activitylog
git submodule add git://github.com/pointybeard/asdc.git extensions/asdc
git submodule add git://github.com/pointybeard/content_type_mappings.git extensions/content_type_mappings
git submodule add git://github.com/yourheropaul/databasemanipulator.git extensions/databasemanipulator
git submodule add git://github.com/makenosound/dynamic_event_redirect.git extensions/dynamic_event_redirect
git submodule add git://github.com/czheng/enhancedtaglist.git extensions/enhancedtaglist
git submodule add git://github.com/nickdunn/entity_diagram.git extensions/entity_diagram
git submodule add git://github.com/yourheropaul/eventex.git extensions/eventex
git submodule add git://github.com/carsten/globalparamloader.git extensions/globalparamloader
git submodule add git://github.com/rowan-lewis/globalresourceloader.git extensions/globalresourceloader
git submodule add git://github.com/ahwayakchih/markitup.git extensions/markitup
git submodule add git://github.com/Demwunz/multiselect_to_checkboxes.git extensions/multiselect_to_checkboxes
git submodule add git://github.com/pointybeard/numberfield.git extensions/numberfield
git submodule add git://github.com/nickdunn/order_entries.git extensions/order_entries
git submodule add git://github.com/pointybeard/pagesfield.git extensions/pagesfield
git submodule add git://github.com/nickdunn/publishfiltering.git extensions/publishfiltering
git submodule add git://github.com/czheng/referencelink.git extensions/referencelink
git submodule add git://github.com/rowan-lewis/reflectionfield.git extensions/reflectionfield
git submodule add git://github.com/nickdunn/section_schemas.git extensions/section_schemas

I came across an issue with the Export Extension where I get the following error when I try to export the ensemble:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'fopen(/Users/stephen/Sites/sym/site/manifest/logs/main) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Too many open files' in /Users/stephen/Sites/sym/site/symphony/lib/core/class.log.php:93 Stack trace: #0 /Users/stephen/Sites/sym/site/symphony/lib/core/class.log.php(93): fopen('/Users/stephen/...', 'a') #1 /Users/stephen/Sites/sym/site/symphony/lib/core/class.log.php(80): Log->writeToLog('09:15:32 > WARN...', true) #2 /Users/stephen/Sites/sym/site/symphony/lib/core/class.symphony.php(290): Log->pushToLog('2 - DirectoryIt...', 1, true) #3 [internal function]: Symphony->__errorHandler(2, 'DirectoryIterat...', '/Users/stephen/...', 37, Array) #4 /Users/stephen/Sites/sym/site/extensions/export_ensemble/extension.driver.php(37): DirectoryIterator->__construct('/Users/stephen/...') #5 /Users/stephen/Sites/sym/site/extensions/export_ensemble/extension.driver.php(42): extension_export_ensemble->__addFolderToArchive(Object(ZipArchive), '/Use in /Users/stephen/Sites/sym/site/symphony/lib/core/class.log.php on line 93

I solved the issue by uninstalling all extensions except the Export Ensemble extension and removing all extensions except the Export Ensemble extension. Then, I was able to successfully save the ensemble. So, there appears to be a limit to the number of extensions I can have if I want to export an ensemble.

It appears that there is a problem with the Ensemble Extension when the MarkItUp! extension is in the extensions directory. The MarkItUp! extension doesn’t have to be enabled. It just has to exist in the directory and the ‘RuntimeException’ error occurs when exporting an ensemble.

Hmm. I was wrong again. If I have only the Export Ensemble and the MarkItUp! extension in the extensions directory, the export works fine. I have tried this on three different installs in my local test environment (Mac OS X, default Apache 2 web server). So, it does appear to be happening when I hit a certain number of files in the extensions directory.

I’ve put this on the ensemble issue tracker. We’ll take a look at this.

Thanks, Allen.

By the way, I’m getting around the issue of the Export Ensemble failing by using a modified version of the extension, Export Install File, to save only the install.php file, since, for what I want to do, exporting the entire ensemble is overkill.