Search

I am currently working on a more robust successor of this extension for S2.2. It has some points of denying rights (for example, if a section is hidden and the author ‘guesses’ the URL, it shows an authorization error), but still some things will be disabled by just ‘hiding’ the buttons.

But, manipulation in the DOM (hiding elements and buttons) is now done in the build-up process of the page, instead of being stripped out with JavaScript at the end which is the case now.

Really cool! Keep up the good work.

Excellent news!

I’m really looking forward to seeing what S2.2 and some of the new versions of plugins can do.

I’m really looking forward to your next version, @kanduvisla.

I am currently using Author Section 0.8.1 with Symphony 2.1.2. When the Author Section extension is enabled and I am not logged in to the Symphony admin area, it is possible to navigate to something like the following address:

http://www.example.com/symphony/system/extensions/

And an error such as the following will be returned:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/example/html/extensions/author_section/extension.driver.php on line 216

If I disable the Author Section extension, the request is correctly redirected to the Symphony login panel. Is there something missing in this extension to properly handle the redirect when not logged in?

Yes, I am aware of this issue, but due to time and an unhealty ‘I-only-update-my-extensions-when-my-client-needs-it’-attitude I haven’t fixed this yet.

Didn’t seem like a critical error to me neither, since when you’re logged in, everything works fine.

Anyway, when the next update is out, I guess this version of Author Section will be deprecated anyway since it will not be updated for S2.2.

As you say, it isn’t critical. If you’ve already noted it, I’ll be upgrading to Symphony 2.2 as soon as the Members extension is stable, so I’ll be looking forward to the next version of Author Section anyway. Thanks!

As a novice extension developer, though, I’d be interested to know how to avoid this error. What’s the fix?

@bauhause: It seems that it tries to get the ID from an author-object of $this['parent'] on line 213, but when nobody is logged in, $this['parent'] doesn’t have an author-object.

As of today, this extension is no longer being updated, since it is smite down to the ground by it's bigger brother: Role Model

Looks like this extension is now deprecated if you're using Symphony 2.2, in favour of Role Model.