Search

Hello! I’ve just tried this cool extension but I am not getting the e-mail sent when an event occurs. I went through the tutorial that is provided with the extension. Some facts: - According to the log (provided by the emailtemplatefilter), all data has been passed correctly (name, recipient, message). It’s also present in the section. - The email-template-filter is selected for the proper event. - In the source code of the website, the filter is not mentioned within the “events”-tag. If I apply the standard send-mail filter, there occurs a extra tag: . But this tag does not occur for the email-template-filter which is created by me. So this lets me know, the filter does not work.

How can I find out what is wrong here?

By the way, whats about that $etf-entry-id parameter? It says it is populated by the event but it never showed up anywhere.

How can I find out what is wrong here?

Do you have maintenance mode activated?

No, maintenance mode was deactivated. But I just tried with maintenance mode activated and it luckily sends an email with the proper sender-name and sender-email but the content is equal to the maintenance page, even html-formatted. The message gets dismissed.

Same Here @coding! I get sender and message title or whatever you input into the email-template-filter settings config panel being sent as email just fine.. but still no body in message! When I try accessing the email-template-filter via the url to see if it is seeing the html (www.domain.com/get-email-to-send/{$entry/@id}) as an example.. I do see what should be sent as the body of the message, but it just does not want to be included in the email for some reason. Maintainance mode disabled and core was modified to the requirements of the extension. but no joy as of yet!

Okay, so this seems to be a bug within the extension. I am going to submit an issue for this extension with the hope that the author is willing to fix this problem :)

Has anyone got this to work with eventex while updating 2 sections?

Hello!

Haven’t tried this on my local box as I don’t have a smtp server.

On my live server, when a form is submitted with valid data, I get a completely broken blank page. Even ?debug doesn’t work.

The only response I get is a 500 Internal Server Error header.

I’ve seen this before when I was trying to install from an ensemble, on the same box.

Any idea what would cause this problem? (on a side note, the built-in emails worked fine, they didn’t look the way I wanted them to so I’m attempting to switch.)

EDIT: Disregard, I was using 1.0.13, and after I got the latest version from github it was working with Symphony 2.0.7.

Also, I should mention that the template page worked fine, but nothing was being shown in the email. I changed the URL parameter in the Email Template to an absolute XPath and it worked
(my example is {/data/contact-messages-by-id/entry/@id})

Add this to your .htaccess and try again. Enabling errors will give you the PHP error instead of a blank page.

php_value display_errors on

Is there a way to resend a msg from the log?

I just put a site on a development server and have the same problem as coding and monoo2. Locally everything works fine but on the development server the email is sent fine, but the body is blank. I can view the template using the handle of the Page.

The Preview at {$root}/symphony/extension/emailtemplatefilter/logs/preview/{$entry-id}/ is also completely blank.

I’m guessing this is a permissions issue but I see no specific errors occur. Any pointers?

@davidhund

Do you have maintenance mode activated? Can you check it?

@bambocci I have not. The Maintenance Extension is not even active.

Could it be that the extension cannot ‘read’ the page (permissions) or something? Some permissions issue is the only thing I can think of.

Do you have CURL installed? From a PHP page try calling another page on the same server. In the past I’ve found networking issues where the server cannot resolve itself (which the host fixed).

@nickdunn I haven’t ‘tried’ using CURL but a simple phpinfo() shows that Curl is enabled.

Can/should I check another way? I can’t understand why the Email Template ‘Page’ is showing up fine, but the actual Preview (and mail body) is blank.

One other thing that might be relevant: the site is running on a subdomain (dev.domain.com). It’s probably not relevant, but anyway…

UPDATE/FIXED The problem was the fact that I am currently requiring simple Authentication (through .htaccess/.htpasswd) for the dev.domain.com

I was authenticated but apparently the script did not approve… Removing the authentication from the .htaccess did the trick.

Problem in the backend with 2.1.2

Is impossible to add a condition in a template?

Anyone can confirm the issue?

It’s a js problem?

Just checked, I also get this with Symphony 2.1.2.

I ran into the same problem lately. Adding

.subsection li.template {
    display: block;
}

to /extensions/emailtemplatefilter/assets/templates.css/ should help.

Solved.

Thanks klaftertief!

Im having a problem with the list of recipients being cut off, cut off mid email like email@doma is there a max length for the list of recipients? can i make it longer?

I don’t think that it’s a problem of the Email Template Filter extension. At the moment Symphony’s core email function is rather “rudimentary” (as in most other CMSs). One thing is that emails don’t really comply to the RFCs, another problem is that you may send with mail()/Sendmail only (which in turn often does not like certain ideas from the RFC, especially when it comes to long header field values). The email function has not been designed to allow for very long header field values, nor does it do the best encoding.

Depending on your PHP installation you may or may not hit a hard limit for your recipients list at 998 characters. There might be a “virtual soft limit” with much less characters, depending on your server’s mail()/Sendmail setup. This “virtual” limit may depend on your email client as well — it may simply break when trying to render emails which are not RFC-“compatible”.

So, no, there is probably nothing you can do right now. From version 2.2, Symphony will have a much more advanced Core Email API, and extension developers will be strongly encouraged to make use of those features.

[EDIT]: How long is your recipient list? Where is it cut off?