`subject` varchar(255),
                `sender` varchar(255),
                `senders` varchar(255),
                `recipients` varchar(255),
                `message` text,
                PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
            )
        ");

Does this make it only grab 255 characters? Would it be as simple as changing the number? Or would i have to change the sql database or anything.

You would have to change the database. This piece of code creates a new table with certain fields.

The easiest way to change this, is to use phpmyadmin. I don’t know if this will mess up other things (filters, encoding) but I think it’s worth a try, no?

I’m having some difficulty getting this to work. I have applied the changes suggest by a couple of others (after some fatal errors when using Symphony 2.1.2), however now when I submit my form, the email is coming through to me as a blank email and I’m having some difficulty trying to debug.

I’ve read the responses on the previous page but haven’t seen anything that has helped me. Even when I Remove everything from the body of my email page template and simply add some testing content the email comes through blank.

The values in the email all appear fine (ie, the subject, from address etc.).

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for how to debug this?

Thanks, L

So by way of followup, I’ve worked out that the problem is with an include within the template XSL file. The problem is that my path of ../utilities/date-time.xsl is outside of scope for the execution of this file, I need to change it to workspace/utilities/date-time.xsl in order to get it to work.

I’m having trouble sending/receiving the actual email. When I submit my inquiry form the page turns blank like devoidfury had in the previous page. Only thing different is that I don’t get errors (also tried display php errors). ?debug is also not working here but the entry is successfully created in the section.

Could this have to do due the fact I’m using Symphony 2.1.2? Are there any other possible solutions I could try?

other: - maintenance mode is off normal ‘Send - E-mail’ events work Followed the - tutorial Template page works in ?debug mode.

Thanks

Attachments:
emailtemplatefilter_problem.jpg

When I submit my inquiry form the page turns blank like devoidfury had in the previous page

Sounds like a PHP error. Try this next.

Yes I’ve added

php_flag display_errors 1
php_value error_reporting 8191

to my .htacces file, but still it results in a blank page.

UPDATE: I found this error in the error log.

[Mon Jan 10 08:06:17 2011] [warn] [client 115.87.90.247] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method FrontendPage::__processDatasources() in /var/www/clients/client1/web5/web/extensions/emailtemplatefilter/extension.driver.php on line 328z

it brings me to:

self::$page->__processDatasources($template['datasources'], $data, array(
    'etf-entry-id'  => $entry_id
));

(By the way, I still don’t know how ‘etf-entry-id’ is being used in the tutorial. So I only use it in the datasource ‘Booking inquiry by ID’. )

If you follow the readme installation instructions this call could work, but if you are using a symphony version greatter than 2.1.x you can directly replace this:

self::$page->__processDatasources($template['datasources'], $data, array(
));

for this:

self::$page->processDatasources($template['datasources'], $data, array(
));

Do you have to use etf-entry-id in the Datasource and in the Email Template define the value of the URL Parameter field with the value do you want this variable has, usually ‘your_datasource/entry/@id’

The replacing of the code worked for me. I receive emails now including the body. Thanks Guillem!

the problem was the underscores in front of processDatasources. Why hasn’t that been flagged for 2.1.x users?

What version of the Email Template Filter were you running Strangerr?

This problem has been fixed since Feburary 2010

Just curious what would be involved in adding a bcc and cc field?

would it be hard?

would you be willing to do the work if I can get some cash from the client for it?

I am really keen to use this extension but have hit the same issue with 2 different hosts:

URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration

The hosts will not allow file access over the same domain XSS risk. Is there a workaround?

Thanks, Andy

Hi Andy,

you could either use cURL as described in comment #92 or modify the extension to generate the content in its own page process as described in comment #70 (which has security advantages as well).

@klaftertief - brilliant that has sorted my issue, many thanks.

Is there anyway to redirect the user to a page which shows the same html that the recipient will receive?

Of course, just link to the same page?

Is anyone using this extension with 2.2? It is rapidly becoming a base extension I use in most projects.

Rowan's actually in the process of updating this extension, so it shouldn't be long before it's released for 2.2.

Email Template Filter updated to version 1.1.0 on 3rd of March 2011

Changelog

• Updated to work with Symphony 2.2

Rowan, have you thought about using two different pages in a template, for HTML and pure text? Amonge others I'd see the advantage of having lower spam scores for your emails. (Sending HTML exclusively is a problem with spam filters.)

Shouldn't it be rather easy to implement this now?