Search

I stand corrected. I thought it was a direct wrapper to the Core Email API.

Can I hide the 'Emails'-tab for Author-users (i.e. non-developers?)

I installed this extension fresh to Sym 2.2.1 and I get this error when I try to click on 'Templates' in the admin menu

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Symphony::ExtensionManager() in /home/justinja/public_html/extensions/emailtemplatefilter/content/content.templates.php on line 24

@kanduvisla In the extension.driver.php scroll to the function fetchNavigation() and add this line to the array: 'limit' => 'developer'. I'm thinking that should be in there by default, as it is a developer's tool.

Today I discovered the fact that it's not possible to change a Symphony Page XSL content-type to text/plain.

Does this mean I cannot send plain text e-mails with ETF unless I use something like the Content Type Mappings extension? Or is there another way (I know of the ETM extension).

Does this mean I cannot send plain text e-mails with ETF unless I use something like the Content Type Mappings extension? Or is there another way (I know of the ETM extension).

No, the ETF from memory always assumes the content is text/html, regardless of headers.

ETM is more flexible and allows you to define plain text and html sections of your email, so your probably best digging into that :)

@brendo thanks. I might switch to ETM then… I strongly favour plain-text email messages and would like that to be the default.

Aside: is this choice/restriction based on Synphony's handling of content-types? As in: would this functionality potentially change when issue 732 is addressed (in 2.4, if at all)?

Yes, ETM automatically sets the right content-types depending on the parts you include in your email. (That is not 100 percent right — actually we built that functionality into the Core Email API, and ETM simply uses the API.)

@micheal-e I've found it in …/toolkit/class.emailgateway.php, thanks.

ETF does not use the Core Email API? I can't quite understand how ETF could use HTML emails as the default…

Anyway, ETM seems to work beautifully, thanks all.

Sorry, but I don't know the inner workings of the ETF. (@buzzomatic ar @brendo will know that.)

Good to hear that you got it working.

ETF does not use the Core Email API? I can't quite understand how ETF could use HTML emails as the default…

ETF uses the Core Email API, it just isn't thoughtful/careful/responsible enough to check the Content-Type to determine the correct handling of the Email, reference.

A little note if anyone else tries to do it: do not try to have the event that has an ETF, attached to the e-mail template page that is referenced by ETF. I was trying to consolidate pages at the first go around and spent several hours trying to figure out why things wouldn't work. I believe attempting this setup causes ETF to not create the $etf-entry-id parameter, which is critical.

This also serves as a note to myself if I try to do it again :-)

Just bumped into something weird here, I tried sending some data in a form with HTML-tags, greater- and smallter than signs and an ampersand here and there, and it caused the ETF to crash:

DOMDocument::loadXML() [domdocument.loadxml]: StartTag: invalid element name in Entity, line: 37
An error occurred in extensions/emailtemplatefilter/extension.driver.php around line 336

Could you post your template XSLT?

On one site I am using ETF and, while it works fine, I wonder if it would be good to 'upgrade' the logging a bit. I am currently battling with some spam issues and logging could be of help.

So a couple of suggestions:

• At the moment success is logged in the db but not shown in site.com/symphony/extension/emailtemplatefilter/logs/ I'd like to see failed messages in the log but I'd love to have an extra column with the error-message (if failed). This seems a small addition (esp. adding a success column to the Logs admin list)
  • It would be really helpful to log some meta-data: IP address, referrer, headers, etc.

-

Also: in my recent spam-battling adventures I have encountered an issue where contactform entries are correctly flagged as spam (and not e-mailed) but still get saved in the Symphony DB.

See my post in the stopforumspam thread.

So: spam is intercepted (and not sent by ETF) but still saved in the DB (and thus my Symphony admin shows many unsent spam entries for my Contact Message Section).

I assumed ETF (but events in general) would not store entries that have failed some event filters (in my case XSS, canofspam and stopforumspam). 'Sup wit da?

I can't seem to get the comma delimited list of emails (or multiple entry emails with xspath) working for the recipients field. I see on the previous page that a comma delimited list is supposed to work, but when I try this (or any other delimitation character) I get an error because it is trying to combine the emails and delimiters into one long email address. Can anyone confirm the comma delimited list works for them? If not, how do I send email to multiple recipients? I would prefer to get the emails from a datasource, but if I must I can do an [insert character here] delimited list.

Edit: I found the fix. For anyone else who happens to run into this issue: https://github.com/rowan-lewis/emailtemplatefilter/blob/becdae76cfa7adfca03ae8707e16d996a362f26c/extension.driver.php

is this in active development for 2.3?

I second that inquiry. I can't seem to find the emailtemplatefilter repository anymore. Should I be making a switch to the email template manager?

@kaleetos: It is now maintained by the community (Symphonists) You can find it here