Search

Localisation Manager updated to version 1.2.1 on 6th of February 2010

A new spanish translation is coming…

Just as a note: With the release of version 2.0.7 Symphony now offers a built in language management.

Localisation Manager 1.1 (old version) and Symphony 2.0.7 are incompatible!

• If you only want to be able to change backend languages, please uninstall this extension before updating to Symphony 2.0.7. You will no longer need this extension and you will just have to install the needed language packs that are now available as separate extensions.
  • If you are actively translating the core or its extensions, please uninstall this extension before updating the core and install Localisation Manager 1.2 afterwards.

Please keep in mind that you should check all your extensions for updates for Symphony 2.0.7. Thanks!

You will no longer need this extension and you will just have to install the needed language packs that are now available as separate extensions.

Nils, could you explain further? Should I just name my extension to lang_something to make it compatible with Symphony 2.0.7?

Also, there are some localisation issues that haven’t been addressed yet, even if they require a very little effort (strings that need to be passed as arguments to the translation function). Any chance to get a patch before the 2.1 release?

Thanks in advance

Should I just name my extension to lang_something to make it compatible with Symphony 2.0.7?

Yes, that should do the trick. Have a look at the updated article Localisation in Symphony for further information.

Also, there are some localisation issues that haven’t been addressed yet, even if they require a very little effort (strings that need to be passed as arguments to the translation function). Any chance to get a patch before the 2.1 release?

Could you please point out which strings are missing or problematic. I thought I integrated all needed changes …

Yes, that should do the trick. Have a look at the updated article Localisation in Symphony for further information.

Ops, I missed the updates. Thank you! :)

Could you please point out which strings are missing or problematic.

Check this comment and keep reading until the end of the thread. In the case of include.install.php, the translation is not working because the string does not follow the established conventions of dealing with variables, as you wrote in your article.

One more suggestion concerning the Localisation Manager: it is far more preferable for translators to keep the $dictionary array unsorted, so that strings are shown in a logical order (i.e. those that are near each other in the backend are near in the array too) instead of an alphabetical one.

Any news about the missing strings, anyway?

I’m not sure about the sort order. Any other opinions?
One note: I havn’t had the time to update the manager to handle the newly introduced javascript translation. Will be fixed soon.

Concerning the missing strings: I’ll have a look at it this weekend.

Any news about the missing strings, anyway?

Here we go …

Thank you Nils! Now waiting for your pull request to be accepted :)

Localisation Manager updated to version 1.3 on 1st of March 2010

Localisation Manager updated to version 1.4 on 13th of May 2010

• Exclude core strings for extensions
  • Correctly populate about array for translations

Localisation Manager updated to version 1.5.1 on 30th of January 2011

• This is a compatibility update for the upcoming Symphony 2.2

@nils

On site #2 last evening I pulled from the main repo the latest version (1.5.1) and I get this error when trying to add a new dictionary:

Fatal error: Cannot access private property Lang::$_dates in localisationmanager\lib\class.localisationmanager.php on line 263

On ste #1 I have the same version 1.5.1 but this file localisationmanager\lib\class.localisationmanager.php is missing this function which triggers the error:

private function __getDateStrings() {
      return array_keys(Lang::$_dates);
 }

I'm using now version 1.5.1 from site #1 and everything works fine but still there is the problem on the public repo.

Are you sure you're on Symphony 2.2 on both sites? If you're using "the same versions" on both sites and they don't offer the same code something is definitely wrong with your installs.

@nils

You made this commit and you added dates translation while extension version remained the same = 1.5.1. The idea is that you cannot access private static $_dates in Lang class on line 263, as the error shows.

Please just check out the tag 1.5.1. The current code is meant to work with integration.

ok

Localisation Manager updated to version 1.6 on 7th of June 2011

• Fix apostrophe handling in strings (thanks Simone!)

Symphony 2.3 Information

Those following the core development on Github will know that the team and working groups are busy working on Symphony 2.3 beta. There are some important changes that'll break Localisation Manager. An updated version will be ready before 2.3 final but not in time for 2.3beta1.

Thank you for your understanding.